This will be a simple setup of how to connect your PS3 wirelessly to your Sabai VPN connection.
- Power-cycle ALL network equipment.
Turn off (unplug) all of your network equipment, including any wireless access points, routers, Voice Over IP (VOIP) modems, and broadband modems for two (2) full minutes. See How to power cycle PlayStation 3 network devicesfor more details.
- Make sure that all settings for the access point have been completed.
Check that there is an access point connected to a network with Internet service near the PlayStation 3. Settings for the access point are typically set using a PC. For details, contact the person who set up or maintains the access point.
- Confirm that an Ethernet cable is not connect to the PlayStation 3. If the Ethernet cable is plugged in, the PlayStation 3 will automatically attempt to connect via the wired connection.
- On the XMB™ home menu, go to (Settings) > (Network Settings) and press the button.
- Then go to (Internet Connection) and select [Enabled].
- Then scroll down to (Internet Connection Settings) and press the button.
- Select [Yes] when a confirmation screen is displayed stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.
- Select [Easy] and press the button.
- When prompted for which type of connection method, select [Wireless] and press the button.
- Under WLAN Settings, select [Scan] and press the button.
If you own a wireless access point that supports AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System), then you must select [Automatic]. These wireless access points are commonly made by Buffalo, Inc. AOSS will automatically configure the necessary settings. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.
- You will see a list of access points within range of the PlayStation 3. From the list, pick your SSID and press the button.
If you do not know which SSID you should use or if an SSID is not displayed, contact the person who set up or maintains the access point for assistance.
- On the next screen, confirm the SSID then press the right direction button to continue. If you press the button, you will edit the SSID.
- Select the security setting that you want to use and press the button.
The types of security settings vary depending on the access point. Contact the person who set up or maintains the access point for information on which setting to select. NOTE: Unless changed: Sabai Routers will default to WPA2 Personal (PSK) + AES
- If you selected a Security Setting, enter your security key.
Press the [Start] button to exit the onscreen keyboard.
Press right on the directional pad to proceed to the next screen.
The encryption key is displayed as a series of eight [*] no matter how long the key may be. If you do not know the encryption key, contact the person who set up or maintains the access point for assistance. NOTE: This would be your WiFI password, sabaipass123, unless you have changed.
- Once you have entered all the information, a list of settings will be displayed.
Press the button to save these settings.
Depending on the network environment, additional settings for PPPoE, proxy server, or IP address may be required. For details on these settings, refer to the information from your Internet service provider or the instructions supplied with the network device
- Press the button to test the connection.
- When the test is complete (usually less than a minute), it will display the results ("Succeeded" or "Failed").
If you have successfully connected to your network, congratulations, you have completed the network setup process.
If you try this and still have problems, feel free to contact us! We would be happy to help you to get your PS3 set up!